- (transitive) to make someone feel pity
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, intransitive) to feel pity
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with de or por (uncommon)) to pity; to feel sorry for
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with com) to conform to (to be compatible with)
- (transitive) to accept; to tolerate (to regard as proper; not to intervene with)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb compadecer
- to feel sorry (for); to pity
- to sympathise with
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to feel sorry (for); to pity
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to sympathise with
- Rule: c becomes a zc before a or o.
- 1 Mostly obsolete form, now mainly used in legal jargon.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.