- (transitive) To indicate; to mark.
- The yellow blazes denote the trail.
- (transitive) To make overt. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (transitive) To refer to literally; to convey as meaning.
- The prefix pre- denotes "before", as in preview.
to indicate, mark
to make overt
to convey as meaning
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- first-person singular imperative of
- third-person singular imperative of