See also: dribblé
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈdɹɪ.bəl/, /dɹɪ.bl̩/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈdɹɪ.bɫ̩/, /ˈdɹɪ.b(ə)l/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪbəl
- (basketball, soccer) In various ball games, to move (with) the ball, controlling its path by kicking or bouncing it repeatedly
- To let saliva drip from the mouth, to drool
- To fall in drops or an unsteady stream, to trickle
- (transitive) To let something fall in drips.
- (dated) To live or pass one's time in a trivial fashion.
- To perform a card flourish in which the cards fall smoothly from one's hand.
to let saliva drip from the mouth
to fall in drops or an unsteady stream
to move (with) a ball by kicking or bouncing it
to let something fall in drips
- (uncountable) Drool; saliva.
- (countable) A weak, unsteady stream; a trickle.
- (countable) A small amount of a liquid.
- (countable, sports) The act of moving (with) a ball by kicking or bouncing it.
- (countable) A card flourish in which the cards fall smoothly from one's hand.
small amount of liquid
act of kicking or bouncing a ball
dribble m (plural dribbles)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “dribble” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).