- (American English) favorite
Audio (US) (file)
favorite — see favorite
- A person who enjoys special regard or favour.
- A person who is preferred or trusted above all others.
- A contestant or competitor thought most likely to win.
- You were my favourite to win the spelling competition.
- (in the plural) A short curl dangling over the temples, fashionable in the reign of Charles II.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Farquhar to this entry?)
person who enjoys special regard or favour
person who is preferred or trusted above all others
contestant or competitor thought most likely to win
favourite (third-person singular simple present favourites, present participle favouriting, simple past and past participle favourited) (UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Malta, South Africa)
- Alternative form of
- (Internet) To bookmark.
- (Internet) To add to one's list of favourites on a website that allows users to compile such lists.