- (physics, of a wave, intransitive) to interfere (to overlap another wave)
- (intransitive, reflexive) to interfere (to get involved or involve oneself, causing disturbance)
- “interferir” in Diccionari de la llengua catalana, segona edició, Institut d’Estudis Catalans.
- “interferir” in Gran Diccionari de la Llengua Catalana, Grup Enciclopèdia Catalana.
- “interferir” in Diccionari normatiu valencià, Acadèmia Valenciana de la Llengua.
- “interferir” in Diccionari català-valencià-balear, Antoni Maria Alcover and Francesc de Borja Moll, 1962.
- to interfere (to get involved or involve oneself, causing disturbance)
- Não quero interferir na tua vida pessoal.
- I don't want to interfere with your personal life.
- (physics, of a wave) to interfere (to overlap another wave)
- to prevent something from being done as well as it could be
- A diferença de línguas interferiu nosso entendimento.
- The language difference prevented us from understanding one another.
- Suas preocupações o interferem em seu trabalho.
- His worries interfered with his job.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ir verb interferir
- (to involve oneself, causing disturbance): intrometer-se
- “interferir” in Dicionário Priberam da Língua Portuguesa.
- to interfere
- Rule: e becomes a ie in stressed syllables and i in certain conjugations.
- 1 Mostly obsolete form, now mainly used in legal jargon.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.