- (physics) evaporating or vaporizing readily under normal conditions.
- (of a substance, informal) explosive.
- (of a price etc) variable or erratic.
- (of a person) quick to become angry or violent.
- temporary or ephemeral.
- (of a situation) potentially violent.
- (computing, of a variable) having its associated memory immediately updated with any changes in value.
- (computing, of memory) whose content is lost when the computer is powered down
- (obsolete) Passing through the air on wings, or by the buoyant force of the atmosphere; flying; having the power to fly.
- See also Wikisaurus:ephemeral
evaporating or vaporizing readily under normal conditions
(of a price etc) variable or erratic
temporary or ephemeral
(of a situation) potentially violent
(computing, of memory) whose content is lost when the computer is powered down
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
volatile (plural volatiles)
volatile m, f (plural volatiles)
volatile m (plural volatiles)
- “volatile” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- inflected form of
volatile m, f (masculine and feminine plural volatili)
- (flying): volante
volatile m (plural volatili)