- Displaying or feeling anger.
- His face became angry.
- An angry mob started looting the warehouse.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, The Celebrity:
- Then we relapsed into a discomfited silence, and wished we were anywhere else. But Miss Thorn relieved the situation by laughing aloud, and with such a hearty enjoyment that instead of getting angry and more mortified we began to laugh ourselves, and instantly felt better.
- (said about a wound or a rash) Inflamed and painful.
- The broken glass left two angry cuts across my arm.
- (figuratively, said about the elements, like the sky or the sea) Dark and stormy, menacing.
- Angry clouds raced across the sky.
- (displaying anger): mad, enraged, wrathful, furious, apoplectic; irritated, annoyed, vexed, pissed off, cheesed off, worked up, psyched up
- See also Wikisaurus:angry