- KangXi: page 281, character 20
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 7064
- Dae Jaweon: page 551, character 19
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 913, character 3
- Unihan data for U+5B85
|simp. and trad.
- “someone who stays at home”
- Ultimately from a orthographic borrowing from Japanese お宅 (otaku); this sense developed from the influence of its orthography.
- residence; dwelling; house; home
- 住宅 ― zhùzhái ― residence
- † tomb; grave
- † to reside; to dwell
- to place
- (slang) Describing someone who prefers to stay at home rather than go outside; a homebody
|Kanji in this term|
This reading is only used in compound words.
When used in isolation, this reading is used to address other people's households or houses honorifically.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text