Wiktionary:Translation requests archive/2008
I need to translation about this in ItalianEdit
you are all fair, my love and there is no spot in you —This comment was unsigned.
- I find this so meaningly less, I can't even rephrase it in English. Also, this was posted 13 months ago. Mglovesfun (talk) 22:50, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds like something in Shakespeare--seems like Elizabethan English. My attempt at paraphrase: You are totally fair, my love, and you have no blemishes --188.8.131.52 22:45, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
Is it possible to have the following words translated to Aramaic?
Thanks in advance! —This comment was unsigned.
english to italianEdit
i would like the orginial italian proverb of
do good and care not to whom —This comment was unsigned.
Translation from English to ArabicEdit
I would like translated to Arabic the following sentence: "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" If it's possible both in Arabic letters and how it is pronounced using english letters.
Translation in English letters: لا شيء صحيح كل شيء مسموح La Shaya' saheeh, kolo shay masmooh
|| Translated by http://blackdivision.net/ ||
the square man in the square holeEdit
please give me the explanation of this adagium the square man in the square hole
- It sounds like an inverted variation of the expression a square peg in a round hole, which means something forced to function in a way it was not intended. This would be recognized by a native speaker as intended to mean an individual well-matched for a good or effective use of his skills, perhaps meaning "the right man for the job". 184.108.40.206 07:08, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
english to hawaiianEdit
Please translate "Life gets better" from English to Hawaiian.
Please translate "The power lies within you" into Latin —This comment was unsigned.
A beautiful soul, i am always by your side Celtic Language Translation —This comment was unsigned.
what is the translation for the phrase "Live Life" from english to scottish celtic —This comment was unsigned.
TRANSLATION OF ..BENE DENOTOEdit
Daughters family crest has the wording...Bene Denoto ....stating on the back translated ... I Mean Well. I cannot find ..Bene Denoto anywhere...is the translation correct. Thank you Tarron
Yea..but in a strange way. It's too difficult for me to explain in English :( I mean well doesn't mean what you expect it to mean (like: I come in peace). It's more like "I stand for [something] well". Although that may not be correct English so. User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 17:29, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
English to ArabicEdit
What is the translation, into arabic, for the following two names
Finlay = فينلي
Cody = كودي
Many thanks in advance
English to ArabicEdit
Can someone transalate to Arabic "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
- Arabic: ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، وكل ما هو مسموح به
can you transalate death is only the begging
- الموت هو مجرد التسول —Stephen 18:20, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
Please can someone translate the following from English to ARABICEdit
IN GOD I TRUST
أنا اثق في الله
أنا اؤمن بالله
English to Khmer translation?Edit
Hi there, I'm looking to translate the following phrase into Khmer script:
- I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees -
English to RussianEdit
Hi, i'd really like the phrase "The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me" translated from english to russian for a tattoo
- - thanks :)
- "Дело не в том, кто допустит меня, а в том, кто остановит.", but it would be sure if some native speaker confirmed it, although I am confident. Bogorm 19:53, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Сonsider replacing "допустит меня" with "мне позволит" Anonymous 10:18, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
what are you doing today
can you translate "strength of will" into latin, please?
perjorative phrases in hawaiian...Edit
- in good fun between myself and a friend of mine that has lived in hawaii for years now -
- i'm looking for trash talk that is local to the island (in good taste) in the "local" spelling....
you're a loser. i am unimpressed. etc - but i would really prefer the phrases/lexicon that the locals use in similar situations... any ideas?
Mahalo nui loa!
Need Hawaiin Pidgeon translationEdit
Please translate the following phrases from English to Hawaiin:
Rock Attitude, Surf Stlye
Save the Mermaids
Heres a suggestion. Instead of trying to diss someone in an online game in their language, just speak english
how would you write these words in Japanese: crocodile, gorilla, owl, and ant? thanks a million
- crocodile = 鰐 (わに, wáni)
- gorilla = ゴリラ (gorira)
- owl = 梟 (ふくろう, fukurō)
- ant = 蟻 (あり, arí) —Stephen 23:00, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
"You and no other" translated into ItalianEdit
I would like to have my fiance's wedding ring engraved with the phrase "you and no other". I would greatly appreciate anyone who would translate that from english to italian!
- "Tu e nessun’altro"
- Unless you mean fiancee, in which case: "Tu e nessun’altra"
Urdu and SanskritEdit
How do i write "trust no one" in urdu and sanskrit? —This comment was unsigned.
German for pea soup?Edit
What is the German word for "pea soup"? RJFJR 23:40, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
"(God) bless this house" in Arabic, Persian, and/or UrduEdit
As in, a set phrase you might see on a plaque hung over the front door
Nothing is true, everything is permitted Edit
I'm trying to get a tattoo in Hebrew that reads
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Any help would be appreciated
-Why in Hebrew? It's an Arabic expression, and a Muslim one at that. The literal (and slightly incorrect) translation is above anyway.
Translation into HawaiianEdit
Please translate "Oh, We Bless You Lord" into Hawaiian. Thanks
- "Hoʻomaikaʻi mākou iā ʻoe, ʻo Ke Akua". I've used "Ke Akua", which means "God", instead of "Lord". You could substitute Ke Akua with Iehova for Jehovah or Iesū for Jesus if you wanted. Kal (talk) 04:41, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
strength comes from family
English to LatinEdit
I need a translation for 'Love surviving Death' in Latin. I've searched everywhere I can, but I can't seem to find a word specifically for 'surviving.' Is there a word for 'survive' that means the same?
That is a good one, i believe you could also use Supervivit, to survive, outlive. -Alexandra from Norway
English to GaelicEdit
Would anyone be able to translate "brotherhood" into Gaelic? I would also appreciate it written in Gaelic Script.
english to french translationEdit
you are my adoration and I want to spend the rest of my life with you —This comment was unsigned.
Je t'adore et je veux passer le reste de ma vie avec toi. (Note: je t'adore is I adore you. I wrote it this way because adoration is the feeling of love, not the person loved.) Equinox 18:19, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
Translation of "A Journey to light" in Hindi
Advanced Spanish: Mecano song "stereosexual"Edit
Here's a fun one to try to make heads or tails of. I think that several of the words here which I've linked could use extra explanation, and some of the phrases just bugger my imagination. I've found a transcript of lyrics; condensing the redundant portions: GURGLE SPOT!! YO homey G!!! WAZZAAAA?!?! Cuando me desperté,
y vi otro tío acostado
de espaldas a mi lado me dije "pavo éste quién es", (explain that phrase?) (ANSWER: "who is this dude?")
luego ya razoné,
la culpa es del alcohol,
debí mezclar ayer hasta volverme maricón. (They're all simple words, but the grammar loses me! Also, should suffixed pronouns be indexed for "volver"?) (...What do you mean by "indexed"? The grammar of which words do you question?)
Y que dirán de mí,
dirán que eres gay,
lo tendré que asumir, (I think this may be a somewhat broader usage)
no te apures rey, ("do not rush king?")
me hacen para tal para cual,
verás como sí, Stereosexual,
con mi novia no sé,
creo que se lo diré,
de forma gradual para que no le sienta mal
Cuando me había hecho a la idea
el varón se despertó,
y resultó ser una tía ("the man woke up and resulted to be a woman"; perhaps add "turn out" as a definition?) ("it turned out to be a prostitute")
con el pelo a lo Grace Jones
aunque ya se fotocopie
por delante y por detrás
a mi me sale más a cuenta
por un lado nada más.
(These lyrics are copyrighted by somebody and presented only for fair use commentary/discussion --- for once the literal truth, even)
English to PersianEdit
Hi! Does anybody knows how u say no regrets in Persian???? Thank u.
- How about: نه حسرت or بی حسرت
Live Life into Arabic or Sandskrit
- عش الحياة
tattoo, english to arabicEdit
"What nourishes me also destroys me" could you translate that to arabic?
help needed to translate this lyric to japanese.Edit
hi. can anyone help me to translate this lyric? i really need this favour as i need it for my proposal to my loved one. really appreciate the help. thanks.
- 我们只要现在相爱 幸福就来
- 恨我来不及参与你的过去 抱歉让你等待
- 我愿意 付出一切交换 我灵魂的另一半
really hope can receive this favour asap. please. thanks once again.
'Blondie' (for a tattoo) in Hindi / Sanskrit / Arabic / Japanese pleaseEdit
Hi I would love to see the word 'Blondie' written in Hindi / Sanskrit / Arabic / Japanese and any other interesting script Thanks so much for your help
- Arabic: بلوندي
- Armenian: Բլոնդի
- Dhivehi: ބްލޮންދި
- Georgian: ბლონდი
- Greek: Μπλόντι
- Hebrew: בלונדי
- Japanese: ブロンディ
- Korean: 블론디
- Persian: بلاندی
- Russian: Блонди
- Tamil: ப்லந்டீ
- Amharic: በሎነዴ
- Bopomofo: ㄅㄌㄛㄋㄉㄧ
- Buhid: ᝊᝎᝓᝈᝇᝒ
- Canadian Syllabics: ᐸᓗᐣᑎ
- Deseret: 𐐒𐑊𐐫𐑌𐐼𐐩
- Gothic: 𐌱𐌻𐍉𐌽𐌳𐌹
- Gujarati: બ્લૌંડી
- Hanunoo: ᜪᜮᜳᜨᜧᜲ
- Hindi: ब्लौंडी
- Japanese (alternate transcription): ブロンディー
- Khmer: ប្លៅន្ឌី
- Limbu: ᤒᤗᤦᤏᤍᤡ
- Mongolian: ᠪᠯᠣᠨᠳᠢ
- Oghamic: ᚁᚂᚑᚅᚇᚓ
- Old Italic: 𐌉𐌃𐌍𐌏𐌋𐌁
- Osmanya: 𐒁𐒐𐒙𐒒𐒆𐒘
- Punjabi: ਬਲੌਂਡੀ
- Runic: ᛒᛚᚮᚾᛞᛁ
- Shavian: 𐑚𐑤𐑸𐑪𐑛𐑰
- Syriac: ܒܠܘܢܕܞ
- Tagalog: ᜊᜎᜓᜈᜇᜒ
- Tagbanwa: ᝪᝮᝳᝨᝧᝲ
- Tai Le: ᥙᥘᥩᥢᥖᥤ
- Thai: บลอนดี
- Vietnamese: blôn-đi
- Enjoy!—Strabismus 02:55, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
Russian to English or DutchEdit
"обращени к ..." Mallerd 19:03, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- I think it should be "обращение", which means the way you address someone, Anrede in German. From the verb обращаться (к), to address (verbally) Bogorm 20:32, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
Translation of English word to Farsi Edit
Could someone please translate the word "beloved" into Farsi. Not the script. Something like "Good Morning" is "sobh bekheir" or "Good Night" is "shab bekheir". Thanks in advance.
- Farsi: "mahboob."
TRANSLATE THE ENGLISH PHRASE INTO THE HAWAIIAN PHRASEEdit
"FOREVER IN MY HEART"
- I kuʻu puʻuwai no nā kau ā kau. Literally, this says "in my heart for all seasons", where "for all seasons" is a metaphor for forever. If you want a more literal translation of "forever", try I kuʻu puʻuwai a mau loa. Kal (talk) 04:45, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
May all beings be happy (english to sanskrit)Edit
i am looking for a translation from english to sanskrit of the sentence: May all beings be happy it is taken out of the "meta bavana" of vipassana meditation and i intend to tattoo it on my wrist, so it means a lot to me for it to be very accurate. if anyone can help i will be grateful! tnks, alice
A famous mantra with this meaning is: Loka.h samasthA.h sukhino bhavantu
It roughly means "may all the beings in all the worlds be happy."
You can find the devanagari for it in various places.
220.127.116.11 03:54, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
how would you translate
"What nourishes me also destroys me"
in sanskrit or hindi?
"sweetheart" in Georgian (English letters)Edit
- You can say სატრფო (satrpo), მიჯნური (midžnuri), or საყვარელი (saqvareli). —Stephen 03:19, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Written ខ្ញុំនឹកបង, it means "I miss you" (said to someone older than you). —Stephen 23:53, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
English to LatinEdit
"Brotherhood of Cheerful Service" in Latin, please.
- Fraternitas Hilaris Muneris, if you mean by brotherhood the abstract noun and not a gathering of people. Bogorm 07:36, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- A more usual order would be Fraternitas Muneris Hilaris, although Bogorm's suggestion is possible. --EncycloPetey 16:50, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
Hawaiian or MaoriEdit
please could you translate 15th may 2004 into hawiian or maori?
- Hawaiian: 15 o Mei, 2004.
- Maori: 15 Haratua 2004. —Stephen 22:57, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
Can someone translate "I am my beloved's and my beloved's is mine" into Farsi, please?
English to LatinEdit
Can someone please translate the following for me?
"By your side I am alive" and/or "With you I feel alive"
tecum vivo or vobiscum vivo if you prefer the plural you
I need you help...pleaseEdit
I am planning to propose my boyfriend on Nov 30 and I just need the "Syraic" (I hope this link could help you http://www.answers.com/topic/syriac-alphabet) translation of "Always yours" to get it engraved in on the ring ....could somebody help me please.
- In Classical Syriac, it's mθōm/mθūm dīlāx ("mthom/mthum deelakh" would probably be more readable) (ܡܬܘܡ ܕܝܠܟ). I took the liberty of making a decent-looking .png, as I'm not sure if you have the font display: http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9855/alwaysyoursej5.png. Hope this helps. --334a 17:40, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
Armenian name translationEdit
I would like to get the name Raffi translated to Armenian please. Any help would be wonderful.
- Raffi = Րաֆֆի —Stephen 09:29, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
Does anyone know how to write the name Samantha in German? Is it written the same way?
- Samantha is a relatively new name (originating fewer than 200 years ago) and there is no equivalent in other languages. It would just be written "Samantha" in German. —Stephen 19:54, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
the English word embarrass into Dutch .....Edit
...if possible (my non-Dutch wife says not) Peter Vander Sar
"in verlegenheid brengen" or if someone is embarrasing you, you can say "ik schaam me voor je". I don't know why your wife says it. Mallerd 18:54, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
"ten schande maken" Mallerd 15:36, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Translate the English Words Love, Hope, Faith, Joy into AramaicEdit
My mom, sister and I all want to get an Aramaic tattoo, but we are having a hard time finding translations. It would be very helpful! Thanks!
- Depending on the dialect/state/script you want, they would be:
- I tried to get the most common words througout the dialects. Note that the pronunciations are phonological to get the general sense of what the word sounds like, not phonetic. A phonetic spelling of sabrā’, for example, might be savrā’, sawrā’, or even sawro’, all depending on dialect. --334a 23:39, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- If you have trouble viewing the Syriac script, you can use the font called "Code2000" which is available for free. —Stephen 16:31, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Can you translate the word monere into english,german and albanian...
- The English translation of the Latin is at moneo, which is the main entry form. From there, you can link to translations into other languages of the English meaning. --EncycloPetey 20:52, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- monere means to warn, advise, remind; in German, ermahnen, auffordern, erinnern. —Stephen 21:13, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
english to arabic (yemen)Edit
I need to translate "I missed you, my love" into Arabic in a Yemen dialect, if there is one. Thank you!
English to AramaicEdit
Please could someone help me translate the two phrases into modern Aramic: 'Gods own' 'belonging to God'
Also, it would be great to see the two phrases in Ancient Aramic, that is, as close to the language Jesus spoke as possible.
- If you are so interested in the Aramaic background of Jesus, you can read the Peshitta, this is the Sacra Scriptura in the language spoken by him. As for the translation, I am a novice myself. Bogorm 15:25, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- They would probably both be d’alāhā’ (ܕܐܠܗܐ, literally "of God") in my modern Aramaic dialect (and in Syriac, the language of the Peshitta). Jesus of Nazareth would have spoken Judeo-Aramaic though (not Syriac), and I'm not quite sure if it's the same or not (see this article). --334a 14:33, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
i am trying to get the following sentence translated into the ARAMIC language. can anyone help me?
" we are tied to jesus by his blood in ribbons of red"
- In Syriac (an Eastern dialect of Aramaic): ’asīrīn ħnan lyešuʕ badmeh bsūdārātā’ sūmāqātā’ (ܐܣܝܪܝܢ ܚܢܢ ܠܝܫܘܥ ܒܕܡܗ ܒܣܘܕܪܬܐ ܣܘܡܩܬܐ, literally, "we are bound to Jesus with his blood in red cloths"). It doesn't quite translate so well, but there you go. --334a 03:45, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
english to thaiEdit
what nourish me also destroys me
สิ่ง ที่ หล่อเลี้ยง ให้ ฉัน ยัง ทำลาย ฉัน
- Wiktionnaire has an entry for fr:basser, which is defined as "Imbiber la chaîne d’une étoffe avec une colle qui rend les fils glissants". I translate this (roughly and imperfectly) as "to soak a chain of cloth in a sticky substance to make it slippery". --EncycloPetey 17:14, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Latin translations were already present, but just needed to be checked. I have done so. --EncycloPetey 17:21, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
english to aramaicEdit
Hi is there anyone who can translate me three phrases from english to aramaic ? I need them for tattoo. "Only god can judge me" "God give me strength" "Only the strogn survive"
- This is what they are in Syriac (an Eastern dialect of Aramaic), along with a very general phonological pronunciation. You might want to get them checked and double-checked, especially if you're going to tattoo them permanently onto your body:
- "Only God can judge me" - balħūdaw(hy) ’alāhā’ maṣe’ mdānan(ī) (ܒܠܚܘܕܘܗܝ ܐܠܗܐ ܡܨܐ ܡܕܢܢܝ)
- "God, give me strength" - ’alāhā’ hab lī ħaylā’ (ܐܠܗܐ ܗܒ ܠܝ ܚܝܠܐ)
- "Only the strong survive (literally 'live')" - lħūdayhōn niħōn ħayltāne’ (ܠܚܘܕܝܗܘܢ ܢܚܘܢ ܚܝܠܬܢܐ)
- --334a 19:18, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
English to ArabicEdit
nothing is real, everything is permitted Hassan i Sabbah quote... I am searching in arabic
Russian to EnglishEdit
Video on 0:48 to about 0:52 Someone says that the Russian in that video means "you're all gonna die anyway", but I can't make anything out of it. Is it correct?
- Yes. It says, "вы все всё равно скоро сдохнете", literally, "you all will soon die anyway". —Stephen 03:19, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
translation into italianEdit
this beautiful body, mind and soul.
translation in MongolianEdit
Only God Can Judge Me in Mongolian Only God Can Judge Me - Бурхан л намайг шүүнэ. (Зөвхөн бурхан намайг шүүнэ)
- Only - Зөвхөн/л
- God - бурхан
- Can - чадах
- Judge - шүүх
- Me -намайг/надад
English to AramaicEdit
Can someone please show me how "God give me strength" or just "strength" looks in Aramaic please? thx
- God give me strength = ܐܠܗܐ ܗܒ ܠܝ ܚܝܠܐ
- strength = ܚܝܠܐ
Translation from English to AramicEdit
I'd love if any one can help with the translation of two phrases to Aramic, the first one "If God with me" and the second one is "Who against me? Thank you so much
Thank You in GreekEdit
Please translate the English: "Thank You" to Greek.
English to HieraticEdit
I would like my sons name Chase translated into hieratic if anyone knows how
- Anyone even know what Hieratic is? We don't have an article on it here. Mglovesfun (talk) 20:24, 21 September 2009 (UTC)