- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 German
- 4 Italian
- 5 Latin
- 6 Scots
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move
- Synonym: nimble
- an agile creature
- an agile wit
- 1902, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Hound of the Baskervilles
- The man drew out paper and tobacco and twirled the one up in the other with surprising dexterity. He had long, quivering fingers as agile and restless as the antennae of an insect.
- Characterised by quick motion
- agile movements
- (chiefly software engineering) Of or relating to agile software development, a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- agile methods
having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs
agile (plural agiles)
- “agile” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- inflection of :
agile (masculine and feminine plural agili)