- (Portugal) IPA(key): /kõ.sɨ.ˈɣiɾ/
- (Brazil) IPA(key): /kõ.se.ˈɡi(ʁ)/, /kõ.si.ˈɡi(ʁ)/
- Hyphenation: con‧se‧guir
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ir verb conseguir
For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:conseguir.
- to achieve, to succeed in, to reach, to accomplish, to attain
- to get, to obtain, to acquire, to find, to gain, to procure, to extract, to get to
- to ensure, to secure
- to bring about
- to raise (e.g. funds or money)
- to enlist (e.g. support, help or participation)
- (slang, crime) to score
- When conseguir is used in the sense of "succeed," the Spanish locution equivalent to English "succeed in/at [gerund]" is "[inflected form of conseguir] [infinitive or infinitive-headed verb/gerund phrase]."
- Rule: e becomes i in certain conjugations; gu becomes a g before a or o.
- 1 Mostly obsolete form, now mainly used in legal jargon.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.
- difícil de conseguir (“hard to come by”)