Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb encerrar
- to lock up, to coop up
- Synonym: recluir
- to lock away, put away, to imprison, to nail (in a prison or mental hospital)
- to enclose, to confine, to immure
- to contain, to hold, to include, to encapsulate, to entail
- (games) to stalemate
- (typography) to separate (between brackets, commas)
- (reflexive) to take over; occupy (a building)
- (reflexive) to shut oneself up, to withdraw, to shut away oneself, to shut off oneself, to lock up or lock down oneself, to close off oneself
- (reflexive) to shy away
- Rule: e becomes an ie in stressed syllables.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.