- The act of merging separate elements, or the result thereof.
- (physics) A nuclear reaction in which nuclei combine to form more massive nuclei with the concomitant release of energy.
- (music) A style of music that blends disparate genres; especially types of jazz.
- A style of cooking that combines ingredients and techniques from different countries or cultures
- The act of melting or liquefying something by heating it.
- 1855, James David Forbes, “On Glaciers In General”, in Occasional Papers on the Theory of Glaciers, published 1859, page 239:
- From a vault in the green-blue ice, more or less perfectly formed each summer, the torrent issues, which represents the natural drainage of the valley, derived partly from land-springs, partly from fusion of the ice.
- 1951, Peter L. Paull & Frederick Burton Sellers, Method of Reducing Metal Oxides, US Patent 2740706:
- The upper limit of temperature is determined by the point at which fusion of the ore takes place, or often, for practical purposes, the temperature at which the ore softens and agglomerates.
- 2002, Philippe Rousset, “Modeling Crystallization Kinetics of Triacylglycerols”, in Alejandro G. Marangoni & Suresh Narine, editors, Physical Properties of Lipids, →ISBN:
- Below the temperature of fusion of the solid phase, the growth rate of the solid/ liquid interface at low undercooling is affected mainly by undercooling.
- (genetics) The result of the hybridation of two genes which originally coded for separate proteins.
- (cytology) The process by which two distinct lipid bilayers merge their hydrophobic core, resulting in one interconnected structure.
- (fiction) The act of two characters merging into one, typically more powerful, being; or the merged being itself.
- (nuclear reaction in which nuclei combine): fission
act of melting something by heating it
merging of elements into a union
nuclear reaction in which nuclei combine
type of music
act of melting or liquefying something by heating it
result of the hybridation of two genes
lipid bilayers merging their hydrophobic core
fusion f (plural fusions)
- (physics, chemistry) fusion (act of melting or liquefying something by heating it)
- (figuratively) mix; mixture
- (nuclear physics) fusion
- “fusion” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).