- transcending, encompassing
- Pertaining to a level above or beyond. For example, metadata is data that describes data, metalanguage is language that describes language, etc.
- Having analogies with metaphysics
- (pathology) Consequent on
- (anatomy and zoology) Behind
- (botany and zoology) Later or subsequent
- (geology) Analogies and derivatives of metamorphism
- (chemistry) Having fewer molecules of water than the ortho- equivalent
- (chemistry) in isomeric benzene derivatives, having the two substituents in alternate positions; contrasted with ortho- and para-
chemistry: having fewer molecules of water than the ortho- equivalent
chemistry: contrasted with ortho- and para-
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- List of Ancient Greek words starting with meta-, on Perseus