- præscribe (archaic)
- The pronunciation with the stressed first syllable is normally used only when added distinction from proscribe is required.
- To order (a drug or medical device) for use by a particular patient.
- The doctor prescribed aspirin.
- To specify as a required procedure or ritual; to lay down authoritatively as a guide, direction, or rule of action.
- Prescribe not us our duties.
- Let streams prescribe their fountains where to run.
to order a drug or medical device
to specify as a required procedure or ritual