- I sit, I am seated.
- I sit in an official seat; sit in council or court, hold court, preside.
- I keep the field, remain encamped.
- I settle or sink down, subside.
- I sit still; remain, tarry, stay, abide, linger, loiter; sit around.
- I hold or hang fast or firm; I am established.
This verb lacks almost all passive forms. Only the third-person singular passive forms are known.
Conjugation of sedeo (second conjugation, active only)
- sedeo in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879