Appendix:Variations of "b"
|a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z|
(space) | - . ? ^ = ≡ ≣ #
The letter “b” is subject to a range of variations through capitalization and use in different scripts. These include:
Capitalization and punctuationEdit
- Ḃ - majuscule, with dot above
- ḃ - miniscule, with dot above
- Ḅ - majuscule, with dot below
- ḅ - miniscule, with dot below
- Ḇ - majuscule, with underline
- ḇ - minuscule, with underline
- Ƀ - majuscule, with stroke
- ƀ - minuscule, with stroke
- ᵬ - minuscule, with middle tilde
- ᶀ - minuscule, with lower hook
- Ɓ - majuscule, with upper hook
- ɓ - minuscule, with upper hook
- Ƃ - majuscule, Zhuang variation
- ƃ - minuscule, Zhuang variation
Other representations of B:
- ㅂ (b, “bieup”)
(They were used as tone marks.)
- ฿ (symbol for the baht, the currency of Thailand)
- ₿ (symbol for the bitcoin, a decentralized digital currency)
- ♭ (musical symbol for 'flat')
- ℬ (mathematical)
- 🅱️ (supposedly standing for the blood group B; replaces plosive letters to make sport)
- ß the German ligature Eszett looks like a Greek beta, but is unrelated.
- The Cyrillic б is notably similar in appearance to the numeral 6.
- Chinese radical 阝 (3 strokes), meaning 'place', has a shape similar to B; however, it is pronounced fù or yì.
- The number 13 may be confused with a capital B when handwritten.