- во- (vo-) – before certain consonant clusters
Inherited from Old East Slavic въ- (vŭ-), from Proto-Slavic *vъ(n)-, from Proto-Indo-European *h₁én. The /n/ persists in внять (vnjatʹ). See also в (v), Old East Slavic въ (vŭ), Proto-Slavic *vъ(n). Compare the similar development in с- (s-) from Proto-Slavic *sъ(n)-.
в- • (v-)
- added to verbs, forms verbs with the approximate meaning 'in' or 'into'
- added with -ся (-sja) to verbs, forms verbs with the approximate meaning of thoroughness or completeness of action
- added to adjectives, forms adverbs with the approximate meaning 'in the manner of [the adjective]'
- added to nouns, forms adverbs with the approximate meaning 'in the direction or location of [the noun]'
- added to numerals, forms adverbs based on the numeral
- в (v)