audio (US) (file)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːlə(ɹ)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːlɚ/
- Rhymes: -uːlə(ɹ)
ruler (plural rulers)
- A (usually rigid), flat, rectangular measuring or drawing device with graduations in units of measurement; a rule; a straightedge with markings; a measure.
- A person who rules or governs; a person who exercises dominion or controlling power over others.
- See Thesaurus:ruler
measuring or drawing device
person who rules or governs
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (transitive) To beat with a ruler (as a traditional school punishment).
- ruler in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- ruler in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- ruler on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons