- (US) IPA(key): /ˈsʌm(p)tjuˌɛɹi/, /ˈsʌm(p)t͡ʃuˌɛɹi/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈsʌm(p)tjʊəɹi/, /ˈsʌm(p)t͡ʃʊəɹi/, /ˈsʌm(p)t͡ʃəɹi/
- Relating to expense; regulating expense or expenditure.
- (of a law, regulation, etc.) Intended to restrain or limit the expenditure of citizens in apparel, food, furniture, etc.; to regulate the prices of commodities and the wages of labor; or to forbid or restrict the use of certain articles, as of luxurious apparel.
relating to a law
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked