- (slang, derogatory, vulgar) A person who wanks.
- (slang, derogatory, vulgar) An idiot, a stupid person.
- (slang, derogatory, vulgar) An annoying person.
- (slang, derogatory, vulgar) An ineffectual person.
- (slang, derogatory, vulgar) Someone who shows off too much, a poser or poseur; someone who is overly self-satisfied.
- (slang, humorous, vulgar) A very informal address used between friends.
- Refers mainly to males. A 2000 study by several British broadcasting organizations found that "wanker" was the fourth most offensive word in the UK (after cunt, motherfucker, and fuck).
- (person who wanks): tosser, masturbator, onanist, pickle tickler, fingerer
person who wanks
someone who shows off too much
wanker (plural wankers)
- (obsolete, Britain, school slang) A salted, and lightly smoked herring or mackerel; a bloater.
- 1892 October, The Felstedian, page 105:
- My name it is "wanker";
a leaner or lanker,
Salter or ranker,
fish never swam.
- 1897 June, The Felstedian, page 100:
- He sniffs. "'Eugh, wankers again."
- Farmer, John Stephen (1900) The Public School Word-Book, London: Hirshfeld Brothers, page 217