See also: 冰冻三尺，非一日之寒
ice to freeze threea Chinese foot (M); one-third of a meter; a ruler; a note musical note on traditional Chinese scale(be) not; wrong; blame; Africaone; single; a; (before verbs) as soon as, once; (before a noun) entire (family, etc.)day; sun; date; day of the month; Japan (abbrev.) 's; him/her/it; this cold; poor; to tremble trad. (冰凍三尺，非一日之寒) 冰 凍 三 尺 ， 非 一 日 之 寒 simp. (冰冻三尺，非一日之寒) 冰 冻 三 尺 ， 非 一 日 之 寒 Literally: “three feet of ice is not the result of one cold day”.
- Rome wasn't built in a day.
- One can not become an expert in a difficult subject overnight.
- 拼命地打怪，升級，可是，好漫長埃哎，冰凍三尺非一日之寒。 [MSC, trad.]
- From: 2004, Feng Wuyu (风无语), 仙侣幻梦
- Pīnmìng de dǎguài, shēngjí, kěshì, hǎo màncháng āi'āi, bīng dòng sān chǐ fēi yī rì zhī hán. [Pinyin]
- I risked life and limb to defeat the monsters, levelling up, but, it seemed like it was taking forever. Well, no one can become an expert overnight.
拼命地打怪，升级，可是，好漫长埃哎，冰冻三尺非一日之寒。 [MSC, simp.]