This character (囗) is used for enclosures; if a square is used within a character, then the character is instead 口.
囗 (radical 31 囗+0, 3 strokes, cangjie input 月一 (BM) or XX月一 (XXBM), four-corner 60000)
- used as a shorthand for some other characters, including 圍 and 國
- Kangxi radical #31, ⼞ (“enclosure”).
- KangXi: page 216, character 14
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 4675
- Dae Jaweon: page 439, character 15
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 710, character 8
- Unihan data for U+56D7
囗 • (guk, wi) (hangeul 국, 위, revised guk, wi, McCune-Reischauer kuk, wi, Yale kwuk, wi)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text