- (transitive) to venture; to risk (to try or put forth something risky)
O vendedor aventurou um preço alto demais.
- The salesman ventured an excessively high price.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to go on an adventure
Chega de televisão, vou me aventurar no mato!
- Enough television, I’m going on an adventure in the woods!
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, auxiliary with a and a verb in the impersonal infinitive) to risk (to make the risky attempt of)
O fugitivo aventurou-se a pular do precipício.
- The fugitive risked jumping from the precipice.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb aventurar
1 Argentine and Uruguayan voseo prefers the tú form for the present subjunctive.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.