- The time of day when the sun appears above the eastern horizon.
- The change in color of the sky at dawn.
- Did you see the beautiful sunrise this morning?
- (figuratively) Any great awakening.
- It was the sunrise of her spirit.
- 1915, Mrs. Hugh Fraser, Storied Italy:
- Her face shone for a moment with new and unearthly splendour, her eyes lighted up with a very sunrise of joy.
- 1898, F. R. Chandler, The Story of Lake Geneva, Or, Summer Homes for City People:
- It is in its zenith at mid-June, a very sunrise of Nature; and what with its forest and flower- fringed shores, its palace homes and parks, each with its white-winged or canopied yacht for skimming the lake at will, it at once occurred to me that Paradise had already been discovered and appropriated by Lake Geneva loiterers.
time of day
sky changing color
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked