See also: chèz
- At the home of
- 2008 February 28, Lisa Forest, “Mind the gap: Empty house, empty nest, empty fridge”, in The Telegraph:
- Even if I say so myself, Christmas chez the Forests is quite a heart-warming affair. For Ben, growing up, it was pure magic - a log fire in the grate, ...
at/in the home of
- (before personal pronouns) to (any specified location)
- Je rentre chez moi
- I am going home.
- (literally, “I am going to my.”)
- at, in (any specified location)
- chez moi ― at my house (literally, “at my”)
- chez lui — at his house (literally, “at his”)
- chez Françoise — at Françoise’s
- chez le dentiste — at the dentist
- chez l'avocat — at the lawyer's office
- among (a group of things or people of the same type)
- Cette maladie se voit souvent chez les chiens. ― This illness is often seen among dogs.