- (idiomatic) To give an appearance or impression; to project a certain image.
- A business suit and briefcase help her to come across as the competent professional she is.
- To find, usually by accident.
- In the meadow he will come across a rare flower.
give an appearance or impression
find, usually by accident
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked