See also: Stinger
stinger (plural stingers)
- A pointed portion of an insect or arachnid used for attack.
- Anything that is used to sting, as a means of attack.
- Anything, such as an insult, that stings mentally or psychologically.
- A cocktail of brandy and crème de menthe.
- A portable bed of nails to puncture car tires, used by police and military forces.
- A minor neurological injury of the spine characterized by a shooting or stinging pain down one arm, followed by numbness and weakness.
- A station identifier on television or radio played between shows.
- A scene shown on films or television shows after the credits.
- (slang) A nonlethal grenade using rubber instead of shrapnel, more commonly called a sting grenade.
- (slang) A final note played at the end of a military march.
- (slang, television and film) An extension cord.
- (slang, West Country, Bristol) A stinging nettle.
- Chironex fleckeri, an extremely venomous Australian box jellyfish.
pointed portion of an insect
anything that stings mentally or psychologically
- present tense of stinga.