- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈtɹiːti/
- (Ireland) IPA(key): /ˈtɹiːti/ or IPA(key): /ˈtɹiːəti/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈtɹiːdi/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːti
treaty (plural treaties)
- (international law) A binding agreement concluded by subjects of international law, namely states and international organizations.
- A formal agreement between two or more states.
a binding agreement under international law
- Noah Webster (1913), “treaty”, in Noah Porter, editor, Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam Company
- “treaty”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- treaty at OneLook Dictionary Search