long; length; forever; always; constantly; chief; head; elder; to grow; to develop
|7th heavenly stem; age|
- (～星) (Chinese astronomy) planet Venus in the west after dusk
- 東有啟明，西有長庚。有捄天畢，載施之行。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Classic of Poetry, circa 11th – 7th centuries BCE, translated based on James Legge's version
- Dōng yǒu qǐmíng, xī yǒu chánggēng. Yǒu qiú tiānbì, zài shī zhī xíng. [Pinyin]
- In the east there is Lucifer;
In the west there is Hesperus;
Long and curved is the Rabbit Net of the sky; -
But they only occupy their places.
东有启明，西有长庚。有捄天毕，载施之行。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- (literary, Chinese astronomy) Alternative name for 彗星 (huìxīng, “comet”).