|Revised Romanization (translit.)?||gess|
겠 • (get)
- A Hangul syllabic block made up of ㄱ, ㅔ, and ㅆ.
(This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.)
—겠 • (-get)
After 이다, verb, adjective, 으시, or 었 and before another suffix.
- (indicating intention) will; intend
- Jibe gagesseoyo.
- [I] intend to go home.
그러는 게 좋겠군요.
- Geureoneun ge joketgunyo.
- I think I should.
- (indicating supposition) I suppose; probably
- Biga ogesseoyo.
- It will probably rain.
비가 벌써 왔겠어요.
- Biga beolsseo watgesseoyo.
- I suppose it already rained.
여러분 중 일부는 알고 있겠지만...
- Yeoreobun jung ilbuneun algo itgetjiman...
- As some of you may know,
- An ending of a word referring to a possibility or ability.
- An ending of a word referring to an attitude of speaking indirectly.
- An ending of a word that conveys the meaning, "if one considers or examines something, it will become a certain way."
- 거예요 (geoyeyo) (expresses intentions, future and probability)