- apprentise (obsolete)
apprentice (plural apprentices)
- A trainee, especially in a skilled trade.
- (historical) One who is bound by indentures or by legal agreement to serve a tradesperson, or other person, for a certain time, with a view to learn the art, or trade, in which his master is bound to instruct him.
- (dated) One not well versed in a subject; a tyro or newbie.
trainee, especially in a skilled trade
historical: one who is bound to serve a tradesperson with a view to learn his art or trade
one not well versed in a subject — see newbie
- (transitive) To put under the care and supervision of a master, for the purpose of instruction in a trade or business.
- (transitive) To be an apprentice to.
- Joe apprenticed three different photographers before setting up his own studio.
be an apprentice to