Conjugation of colocar
- collocar (obsolete)
- (transitive) to place; to put
- (transitive) to put [in a situation]
- (transitive) to hire; to employ
- (transitive) to invest (to commit capital in the hope of financial return)
- (usually takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with em or entre (with a plural object)) to place (to earn a given spot in a competition’s result)
- Ele se colocou em último lugar na maratona. ― He got last place in the marathon.
- É praticamente impossível se colocar entre os três primeiros. ― It’s nearly impossible to place in the top three positions.
- Synonym: ganhar
- (transitive) to put forth [a question]
- A entrevistadora colocou uma pergunta interessante. ― The interviewer put forth an interesting question.
- first-person singular (eu) personal infinitive of colocar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) personal infinitive of colocar
- first-person singular (eu) future subjunctive of colocar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) future subjunctive of colocar
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb colocar
For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:colocar.
- LUFT, Celso Pedro. Microdicionário de língua portuguesa Luft. São Paulo, Brazil: Ática, 2000. →ISBN
- to place
- to put
- Synonym: poner
- to get in
- No pude colocar palabras. ― I couldn't get a word in edgeways.
- (reflexive, slang) to take drugs
- (transitive, slang) to intoxicate (stupefy by doping with chemical substances such as alcohol)
- c becomes qu before e.
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.