- 1 English
- 2 Italian
- 3 Latin
- 4 Old English
- 5 Old Saxon
- 6 Scottish Gaelic
- 7 Vietnamese
- 8 Westrobothnian
neo (plural neos)
- (dated, fandom slang, science fiction) A newcomer to science fiction; a fan who is extremely new and inexperienced with the genre; a beginner.
- 1964 April 2, Ron, Bennett, Skyrack, number 65:
- Ken Bulmer pointed out that the attitude of a fan who had read much sf is different from that of a neo who is reading sf for the first time.
- 1976 August 25, Maule, Ian, Checkpoint, number 72:
- This fabulous fannish cover illustrated the three stages of fandom: the neo, the trufan, and the BNF.
- 1996 November 3, Faulder, Richard J., Gegenschein, number 80:
- Edwina, and neofen of her generation (this is not a criticism - everyone starts out as a neo), being new to sffandom, and not a member of faandom, would not have noticed this.
- Rhymes: -ɛo
neo m (plural nei)
neo m (invariable)
- (obsolete) Alternative form of
- neo in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- neo in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- neo in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette
- a corpse
Declension of neo