- thursty (obsolete)
- Needing to drink.
- After all that work I am really thirsty.
- Causing thirst; giving one a need to drink (informal).
- 1897, Bram Stoker, Dracula:
- I had for dinner, or rather supper, a chicken done up some way with red pepper, which was very good but thirsty.
- 2004, Charlotte Williamson, Vehicle maintenance for women, →ISBN:
- Invest in a water bottle: cycling can be thirsty work.
- (figuratively) Craving something.
- I am thirsty for knowledge.
- After the president left office, the nation was thirsty for change.
- (slang, figuratively) Desiring sex.
- (needing to drink, craving something): athirst (archaic)
- (needing to drink): parched
- (desiring sex): horny
needing to drink