See also: 仮借
vacation; fake; false
vacation; fake; false; artificial; to borrow; if; suppose
to lend; to borrow; excuse
to lend; to borrow; excuse; pretext; by means of
|simp. and trad.
- to make use of; to be under the guise of
- (archaic) to countenance; to tolerate; to allow; to indulge
- 北蕃蠻夷之鄙人，未嘗見天子，故振慴。願大王少假借之，使得畢使於前。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Records of the Grand Historian, by Sima Qian, circa 91 BCE
- Běifán mányí zhī bǐ rén, wèicháng jiàn tiānzǐ, gù zhènzhé. Yuàn dàiwáng shāo jiǎjiè zhī, shǐdé bì shǐ yú qián. [Pinyin]
- This poor barbarian from the far north had never appeared before a true Heavenly Son before, and he became awe-shocked and terrified. May I humbly request that Your Majesty graciously indulge him, so that we may accomplish the mission before you.
北蕃蛮夷之鄙人，未尝见天子，故振慴。愿大王少假借之，使得毕使于前。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- 借用 (jièyòng)
- (in Chinese character classification) Chinese characters that are "borrowed" to write another homophonous or near-homophonous morpheme
- 六書／六书 (liùshū, “The six types of Han characters”)
|Kanji in this term|
- Kyūjitai form of
|Hanja in this term|
- Hanja form? of 가차 (“(Chinese character classification) Chinese characters that are "borrowed" to write another homophonous or near-homophonous morpheme.”).
|Hán tự in this term|