見 (radical 147, 見+0, 7 strokes, cangjie input 月山竹山 (BUHU), four-corner 60210, composition ⿱目儿)
- Kangxi radical #147, ⾒.
- Index:Chinese radical/見
- 俔(伣), 垷, 挸, 哯(𠯟), 峴(岘), 涀, 悓, 娊, 現(现), 梘(枧), 晛(𬀪), 硯(砚), 睍(𪾢), 蜆(蚬), 粯(𬖑), 絸(𬘖), 覞, 誢, 鋧, 麲(𪎉), 莧(苋), 斍, 筧(笕), 覺(覚/觉)
- KangXi: page 1133, character 1
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 34796
- Dae Jaweon: page 1599, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 6, page 3663, character 1
- Unihan data for U+898B
||*ɡeːlʔ, *kʰeːns, *ɡeːns
||*kʰeːns, *qʰeːnʔ, *ɡeːnʔ
目 (“eye”) + 儿 (“human”) – an eye on a pair of legs. Originally a human figure with a large eye for a head.
From Proto-Sino-Tibetan *ken ~ m-kjen.
- to see
- 見過 / 见过 ― jiàn guò ― to have seen
- to meet; to see
- 我們八點鐘見。 / 我们八点钟见。 ― Wǒmen bā diǎnzhōng jiàn. ― We'll meet at eight.
- to see; to refer to; vide
- 見下頁 / 见下页 ― jiàn xià yè ― Please refer to next page.
- 見下面 / 见下面 ― jiàn xiàmiàn ― see below
- to appear; to seem
- 見得 / 见得 ― jiàndé ― to appear, to seem
- opinion, idea, view
- 見解 / 见解 ― jiànjiě ― opinion, view
- 意見 / 意见 ― yìjiàn ― opinion, idea
- † (to have something done) by (someone or something)
- Synonym: 被 (bèi)
晏子見疑於景公。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
晏子见疑于景公。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- From: Lü Buwei, Mister Lü's Spring and Autumn Annals, 239 BCE
- Yànzǐ jiàn yí yú Jǐng Gōng. [Pinyin]
- Yan Ying was suspected by Duke Jing of Qi.
盆成括見殺。門人問曰：「夫子何以知其將見殺？」 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
盆成括见杀。门人问曰：“夫子何以知其将见杀？” [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- From: Mencius, circa 4th century BCE
- Pén Chéngkuò jiàn shā. Ménrén wèn yuē: “Fūzǐ héyǐ zhī qí jiāng jiàn shā?” [Pinyin]
- Pen Cheng Kuo was killed. The disciples asked, "How did you know, Master, that he would be killed?'
- (～母) (phonology) a Middle Chinese initial and the 'Phags-pa script letter ꡂ (g-)
- † Original form of 現／现 (xiàn, “to appear”).
(grade 1 “Kyōiku” kanji)
- to see
[mi1] → /mi/
From Old Japanese. Attested in the Man'yōshū, completed some time after 759 CE.
The 連用形 (ren'yōkei, “continuative or stem form”) of verb 見る (miru, “to see; to look at”). Ultimately cognate with 目 (ancient ma, modern me, “eye”).
- Generally only found in compounds in modern Japanese, where the pitch accent depends on the entire term.
見 • (mi)
- seeing, looking
- the look or appearance of something
- a view, as of a landscape
- c. 759, Man'yōshū (book 20, poem 4360), text here
- 夜麻美礼婆 見能等母之久 可波美礼婆 見乃佐夜氣久
- yama mireba mi no tomoshiku kawa mireba mi no sayakeku
- looked to the mountains, and the view was stunning; looked to the rivers and the view was clear and refreshing
From Middle Chinese 見 (MC kenH, ɦenH, “see; seem; opinion”).
見 • (ken)
- seeing, looking
- a view, perspective, thought, or opinion about something
- (noh) the visual impact the performers have on the audience
- a window-shopper
- ^ c. 759, Man'yōshū (book 20, poem 4360), text here
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 1988, 国語大辞典（新装版） (Kokugo Dai Jiten, Revised Edition) (in Japanese), Tōkyō: Shogakukan
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2006, 大辞林 (Daijirin), Third Edition (in Japanese), Tōkyō: Sanseidō, →ISBN
- ^ 1995, 大辞泉 (Daijisen) (in Japanese), Tōkyō: Shogakukan, →ISBN
見 (kiến, kén, hiện)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text