See also: anímate
- That which lives.
- Possessing the quality or ability of motion.
- Dynamic, energetic.
- She is an engaging and animate speaker.
- (grammar, of a noun or pronoun) Having a referent that includes a human or animal.
- Nouns can be singular or plural, and one of two genders, animate or inanimate.
- (grammar) Inflected to agree with an animate noun or pronoun.
that which lives
possessing the quality or ability of motion
- (transitive) To impart motion or the appearance of motion to.
- If we animate the model, we can see the complexity of the action.
- (transitive) To give spirit or vigour to; to stimulate or enliven; to inspirit.
- The more to animate the people, he stood on high […] and cried unto them with a loud voice.
to impart motion or its appearance