- to die
This verb needs an inflection-table template.
- to die
Conjugation of morrer
- (intransitive) to die (to stop living)
- (intransitive) to die; to break down (to stop working)
- (transitive with para) to die to (to lose all social ties with)
- Se você se casar com ele, morrerá para a nossa família.
- If you marry him, you will be dead to our family.
- (intransitive) to die; to die out (to cease to exist)
- Os dinossauros morreram na pré-história.
- Dinosaurs died in prehistory.
- Synonym: desaparecer
- (transitive with de) to feel something to an extreme degree
- Estou morrendo de fome e de frio!
- I am starving and freezing!
- (transitive with em) to die at (not to go past a given value)
- O jogo morreu no zero a zero.
- The game died at nil-nil.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb morrer
For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:morrer.