- 1 English
- 2 Catalan
- 3 Danish
- 4 Piedmontese
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌvaɪəˈlɪn/, [ˌvaɪ̯ɪ̈ˈlɪn]
- (General New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˌvɑeˈlɘn/, /ˌvɑe.ɘˈlɘn/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪn
violin (plural violins)
- (music) A musical four-string instrument, generally played with a bow or by plucking the string, with the pitch set by pressing the strings at the appropriate place with the fingers; also any instrument of the violin family.
- (music) A violinist.
- The first violin often plays the lead melody lines in a string quartet.
- third-person plural present subjunctive form of violar
- third-person plural imperative form of violar
Declension of violin