The country's name comes from the name of the mountain range, which in turn comes from Biblical Hebrew לְבָנוֹן (ləḇānôn), from Proto-Semitic *laban- (“white”) (compare Hebrew לָבָן (lāḇān, “white”), Arabic لَبَن (laban, “milk”)).
- A mountain range in Middle East.
- A country in Middle East in Asia. Official name: Lebanese Republic. Also (especially formerly) known as "the Lebanon".
- 1958, Anthony Burgess, The Enemy in the Blanket (The Malayan Trilogy), published 1972, page 382:
- "He does a trip from Jiddah up to the Lebanon and now he's extending it as far as Marseilles."
- Various places in the United States of America:
- A small unincorporated community in Montezuma County, Colorado.
- A town in New London County, Connecticut.
- A census-designated place in Kent County, Delaware, in full Rising Sun-Lebanon.
- A city in St. Clair County, Illinois.
- A city, the county seat of Boone County, Indiana.
- A small city in Smith County, Kansas.
- A home rule city, the county seat of Marion County, Kentucky.
- A town in York County, Maine.
- A city, the county seat of Laclede County, Missouri.
- A small village in Red Willow County, Nebraska.
- A city in Grafton County, New Hampshire.
- A borough of Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
- A town in Madison County, New York.
- A city, the county seat of Warren County, Ohio.
- A census-designated place and unincorporated community in Marshall County, Oklahoma.
- A city in Linn County, Oregon.
- A city, the county seat of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania.
- A small town in Potter County, South Dakota.
- A city, the county seat of Wilson County, Tennessee.
- An unincorporated community in Hardin County, Tennessee.
- A town, the county seat of Russell County, Virginia.
- A town and census-designated place in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
- A town in Waupaca County, Wisconsin.
- (mountain range): Mount Lebanon
- Lebanese Global Information Center
- Countries of the world
- (countries of Asia) country of Asia; Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Egypt, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen