Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, transitive or intransitive, copulative) To conclude, turn out, sometimes unexpectedly; to end up with.
- That's just how things ended up happening.
- (idiomatic) To arrive at a destination, sometimes unexpectedly.
- I was going for a stroll, and ended up lost.
- (of a set of events) To eventually do
- We spent a long time looking for a cheaper deal, but we ended up buying from the first dealer we met.
- To lift or tilt, so as to set on end.
- to end up a hogshead
conclude, turn out
arrive at a destination