- wadde (obsolete)
Probably short for Middle English wadmal (“woolen cloth”), from Old Norse váðmál (“woolen stuff”), from váð (“cloth”) + mál (“measure”). See wadmal. Cognate with Swedish vadd (“wadding, cotton wool”), German Wat, Watte (“wad, padding, cotton wool”), Dutch lijnwaad, gewaad, watten (“cotton wool”), Old English wǣd (“garment, clothing”) (English: weed). More at weed, meal.
wad (plural wads)
- An amorphous, compact mass.
- Our cat loves to play with a small wad of paper.
- A substantial pile (normally of money).
- With a wad of cash like that, she should not have been walking round Manhattan
- A soft plug or seal, particularly as used between the powder and pellets in a shotgun cartridge.
- (slang) A sandwich.
- (slang, vulgar) An ejaculation of semen.
2000, Ian Cappell, The Awakening, London: Prowler Books, ISBN 978-1-902644-30-1:
- All at once, Steven let out a loud gasp, as his cock jerked violently in his hand and sent wad after wad of hot white sperm shooting out all over his chest and stomach.
2003, Harlyn Aizley, Buying Dad: One Woman's Search for the Perfect Sperm Donor, Los Angeles, Calif.: Alyson Books, ISBN 978-1-55583-755-6, page 70:
- It's a strange thing this yellow liquid, the bodily fluid of a stranger. What was he thinking when he shot his wad? Is he somewhere now wondering about his sperm? Is he at this very moment wondering if a woman somewhere is inseminating with his seed? Well, we are! Here we are in Boston, and we are!
2001, Peter F. Murphy, Studs, Tools, and the Family Jewels: Metaphors Men Live By, Madison, Wis.: University of Wisconsin Press, ISBN 978-0-299-17130-8, page 44:
- When a man "blows his wad," at least two different things could have occurred: he either spent or lost all his money in a wager (his wad), or he spent or ejaculated his sperm (his wad). Thorne goes on to suggest that since at least the 1950s "blow," in this context, is a euphemism for "ejaculate."
2008, Chaucer Malone, Miguk, the Holy Man, Bloomington, Ind.: AuthorHouse, ISBN 978-1-4343-5666-6, page 490:
- Grabbing hold of his throbbing organ, he started to turn away from her, had second thoughts, and proceeded to shoot his wad, ejaculate all over the sweating, sultry body that was stretched out, languishing at his feet.
- (mineralogy) Any black manganese oxide or hydroxide mineral rich rock in the oxidized zone of various ore deposits.
- To crumple or crush into a compact, amorphous shape or ball.
- She wadded up the scrap of paper and threw it in the trash.
- (Ulster) To wager.
- To insert or force a wad into.
- to wad a gun
- To stuff or line with some soft substance, or wadding, like cotton.
- to wad a cloak