|good||merchant; to buy|
- (literary) to be good at business; to be good for business
- 鄙諺曰：「長袖善舞，多錢善賈。」此言多資之易為工也。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: Han Feizi, circa 2nd century BCE
- Bǐyàn yuē: “Cháng xiù shàn wǔ, duō qián shàngǔ.” Cǐ yán duō zī zhī yì wéi gōng yě. [Pinyin]
- There is a proverb that goes: "long sleeves make a good dance; much money makes a good business." In other words, the better the material conditions, the easier it is to do things.
鄙谚曰：“长袖善舞，多钱善贾。”此言多资之易为工也。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- (literary) someone who is good at doing business
- (literary) good price
- 有美玉於斯，韞匵而藏諸？求善賈而沽諸？ [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Analects of Confucius, circa 475 – 221 BCE, translated based on James Legge's version
- Yǒu měiyù yú sī, yùndú ér cáng zhū? Qiú shànjià ér gū zhū? [Pinyin]
- There is a beautiful gem here. Should I lay it up in a case and keep it? or should I seek a good price and sell it?
有美玉于斯，韫匵而藏诸？求善贾而沽诸？ [Classical Chinese, simp.]