indicator (plural indicators)
- A pointer or index that indicates something.
- A meter or gauge.
- The needle or dial on such a meter.
- (chemistry) Any of many substances, such as litmus, used to indicate the concentration of a substance, or the degree of a reaction.
- (ecology) A plant or animal whose presence is indicative of some specific environment.
- (economics) A measure, such as unemployment rate, which can be used to predict economic trends.
- (Britain, Australia, automotive) A trafficator (dated definition); each of the flashing lights on each side of a vehicle which indicate a turn is being made to left or right, or a lane change etc.
- A bird, the honeyguide.
meter or gauge
needle or dial on a meter
- indicator in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- indicator in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- second-person singular future passive imperative of
- third-person singular future passive imperative of