|wrong side out or up; anti-||feed|
|simp. and trad.
Originally referred to a raven that would provide food to its mother after becoming an adult. Emperor Wu of Liang [6th century]:
- The mystic snake holds a pearl in its mouth to show gratitude
- The raven feeds its parents to repay their kindness
- It's as such even in lower animals and birds
- Let alone the virtuous men.
- to take care of one's parents when they are old; to show filial piety
- to give back to a person or institution which has contributed to one's own growth