|애 ←||→ 얘|
See also: -야
- (SK Standard/Seoul) IPA(key): [ja̠(ː)]
- Phonetic hangul: [야(ː)]
- Though still prescriptive in Standard Korean, most speakers in both Koreas no longer distinguish vowel length.
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?||ya|
야 • (ya)
- It is rude to use this to people of greater social status, or in formal contexts even to social inferiors. For example, an older sibling can use this to call a younger sibling, but the reverse is not possible.
- (colloquial) lewd, NSFW, porn, sexy
- (politics) opposition party
- Usually written in hanja form in news headlines, even in contemporary text otherwise devoid of Chinese characters.
Modern Korean reading of various Chinese characters.