卜 (radical 25, 卜+0, 2 strokes, cangjie input 卜 (Y), four-corner 23000, composition ⿰丨丶)
- Kangxi radical #25, ⼘.
- KangXi: page 157, character 25
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 2774
- Dae Jaweon: page 361, character 15
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 91, character 11
- Unihan data for U+535C
Perhaps a pictogram (象形) of a crack in an oracle bone, used for divination in ancient China.
Officially adopted as the simplified form of 蔔 in the Chinese Character Simplification Scheme (《漢字簡化方案》) in 1956.
May be onomatopoeic in origin. (Can this(+) etymology be sourced?)
- (literary) to divine
- A surname.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 卜 – see 蔔.|
(This character, 卜, is the simplified form of 蔔.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 卜 – see 欲 (“wish; desire; to wish; to desire; to want; etc.”).|
(This character, 卜, is a variant form of 欲.)
卜 • (bok) (hangeul 복, revised bok, McCune–Reischauer pok, Yale pok)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text