- KangXi: page 421, character 9
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 11883
- Dae Jaweon: page 768, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 1841, character 7
- Unihan data for U+6291
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 抑|
|Shang||Western Zhou||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- to press down; to keep down
- to repress; to suppress; to restrain; to restrict
- to hinder; to hamper; to obstruct
- to lower (one's head); to look down
- deep; low-pitched
- sulky; depressed
- (Min Dong) muggy; sultry; humid
- or (linking alternatives)
- furthermore; moreover; also
- however; but
- then; and
- Meaningless sentence-initial particle.
- A surname.
|Kanji in this term|
See the etymology of the main entry.
- Alternative spelling of
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text