From ad- + ferō (“bear, carry”).
afferō (present infinitive afferre, perfect active attulī, supine allātum); third conjugation, irregular
- I carry forth; I bring forth; conduct.
- I bring, bear or carry information, deliver, report, announce, inform, publish.
- I bring something on someone; cause, effect, impart, give, occasion; bring to or upon.
- I bring forwards, allege, assert, adduce.
- I bring forth as a product, yield, bear, produce.
- I contribute or offer something to, I am useful in.
- (with manus) I lay hands on, attack, assail; rob, plunder; nullify.
- “affero” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.